Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol has claimed that West Ham United may get the chance to sign Reims striker Boulaye Dia this January for £10 million.
The Hammers are looking to bring in a new striker this month after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax.
Michail Antonio is the only striker that David Moyes has at his disposal. Though the Englishman has been a reliable servant to the club when called upon, he has serious injury problems.
Dia has been in incredible form this season. He has scored 12 goals in all competitions for Reims. The £10 million price tag represents good value for money in the January window.
Dia has no experience of playing in the Premier League, which could be a concern. West Ham’s board will be looking to avoid the same mistakes that they made with the signing of Haller, who failed to adapt to the intensity.
The Reims striker is available for a much lower price than the Irons paid for Haller, which means it is a gamble they may opt to take.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer