Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol has claimed that West Ham United may get the chance to sign Reims striker Boulaye Dia this January for £10 million.
The Hammers are looking to bring in a new striker this month after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax.
Michail Antonio is the only striker that David Moyes has at his disposal. Though the Englishman has been a reliable servant to the club when called upon, he has serious injury problems.
Dia has been in incredible form this season. He has scored 12 goals in all competitions for Reims. The £10 million price tag represents good value for money in the January window.
Dia has no experience of playing in the Premier League, which could be a concern. West Ham’s board will be looking to avoid the same mistakes that they made with the signing of Haller, who failed to adapt to the intensity.
The Reims striker is available for a much lower price than the Irons paid for Haller, which means it is a gamble they may opt to take.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction