West Ham have been in contact with Ligue 1 club Bordeaux about the possibility of signing striker Josh Maja before the end of the January transfer window, according to L’Equipe (via GFFN).
Hammers boss David Moyes previously worked with Maja at Sunderland and may feel that he can bring the best out of the 22-year-old.
The Hammers are still looking for a new striker to provide competition to Michail Antonio after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month.
Maja burst onto the scene in 2016 with Sunderland after graduating from the Black Cats academy. He left the North East club to join Bordeaux in 2019, as Sunderland struggled financially in League One.
He scored eight goals in 24 appearances in all competitions for the Ligue 1 club last season and has followed that up with two goals in 17 appearances so far this season.
French clubs have suffered heavily due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Bordeaux may be willing to sell for the right price.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager