West Ham have registered an interest in signing Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard, according to ESPN.
The 28-year-old has fallen down the Old Trafford pecking order and has only made three appearances so far this season. He is all but certain to leave United in the near future.
However, the report added that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer doesn’t want the Englishman to leave just yet. United are in a strong position to challenge for the Premier League title this season, and they will need as much cover as they can get if they want to win a first top-flight title since 2013.
Despite Lingard not being in form, he has a wealth of experience. He has played at the top level for over ten years since making his debut for United in 2011.
He has helped the Red Devils win the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League during his time at Old Trafford.
However, it is unlikely that Lingard will remain with United beyond next summer. Due to his experience, he could be an excellent addition to David Moyes’ side.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka