West Ham have opened talks with the agent of Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard, according to The Star.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has frozen out Lingard, and the Red Devils are expected to listen to offers for him this month.
The 28-year-old has not made a single Premier League appearance for United this season.
The Red Devils recently took up their option to extend the Englishman’s contract for an extra 12 months. However, many believe that this was done to avoid losing the talented attacking midfielder on a free at the end of the season.
There will likely be a mixed response from the Hammers faithful over the signing of Lingard.
The United star has come under enormous pressure over the past 18 months after an apparent dip in his performance levels. However, there is no denying that there is a Premier League quality player there should David Moyes get the best out of him.
Lingard will add much-needed experience and creativity to the Hammers midfield, and he is unlikely to be expensive.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups