West Ham are interested in signing Chelsea youngster Billy Gilmour on loan this month, according to The Mirror.
Gilmour made six Premier League appearances last season and has proven that he is ready for consistent top-flight game time.
Things have not gone according to plan for the teenager this season as he has managed just six Premier League appearances to date.
West Ham have a loan spot in their squad after having made Said Benrahma’s deal permanent earlier this week. The Hammers are believed to be looking to bolster their squad before the end of the month so that they can challenge for a European spot in the second half of the season.
It remains to be seen whether Thomas Tuchel will be looking to involved Gilmour in the Blues first-team picture. The German will likely have the final say on whether the 19-year-old is loaned out.
If he is not part of Tuchel’s plans, a loan move may suit all parties concerned. It will allow Gilmour to gain more experience, which will benefit Chelsea in the future.
It will also present Moyes with a talented player who can potentially help his side finish the season well and fill a position in the middle of the park.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka