West Ham have shown interest in Sampdoria midfielder Mikkel Damsgaard, according to Club Doria.
The 20-year-old has been impressive in Serie A this season, as he has gone on to make 18 league appearances, notching two goals and three assists.
The Dane may be tempted by a potential move to the Premier League to take his career to the next level.
Damsgaard only joined Sampdoria from his native Norway last summer for £5.8 million but his performances this season likely mean that his market value has tripled.
He has become a key part of the Sampdoria team, and they may not sell him this month, though the offers may come in thick and fast next summer.
As things stand, Sampdoria are in tenth place in Serie A and ten points adrift of fifth-place Atalanta who occupy the final Europa League qualification spot.
Should they fail to attain European qualification, it will make the likelihood of Damsgaard leaving even greater.
The youngster could be a solid addition to the Hammers squad, especially given that the void created by the veteran Mark Noble will need to be filled as he is nearing the end of his career.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka