West Ham have shown interest in Sampdoria midfielder Mikkel Damsgaard, according to Club Doria.
The 20-year-old has been impressive in Serie A this season, as he has gone on to make 18 league appearances, notching two goals and three assists.
The Dane may be tempted by a potential move to the Premier League to take his career to the next level.
Damsgaard only joined Sampdoria from his native Norway last summer for £5.8 million but his performances this season likely mean that his market value has tripled.
He has become a key part of the Sampdoria team, and they may not sell him this month, though the offers may come in thick and fast next summer.
As things stand, Sampdoria are in tenth place in Serie A and ten points adrift of fifth-place Atalanta who occupy the final Europa League qualification spot.
Should they fail to attain European qualification, it will make the likelihood of Damsgaard leaving even greater.
The youngster could be a solid addition to the Hammers squad, especially given that the void created by the veteran Mark Noble will need to be filled as he is nearing the end of his career.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer