Serie A club Roma have declined an offer from West Ham for goalkeeper Pau Lopez, according to Italian source forzaroma.info.
The 26-year-old joined the Italian giants last season from Real Betis and quickly became the club’s first-choice goalkeeper.
However, his second season has been difficult, as he has found first team games hard to come by. Lopez lost his starting place to Antonio Mirante earlier in the season, but he has since been able to win the number one shirt back.
The report claimed that West Ham made a loan offer for Lopez with an obligation to buy.
It added that goalkeeper is not interested in leaving the Stadio Olimpico at this time.
Many would have questioned the Spaniard’s decision to leave the club in this window, as AS Roma are challenging for a Champions League position this season.
However, West Ham are looking for a long-term replacement for Lukasz Fabianski. The Pole has been the standout number one since moving to the London Stadium, but David Moyes is reportedly keen on bringing in a new younger goalkeeper as part of his long-term plans.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction