West Ham are interested in swapping Manuel Lanzini for Marseille’s £25 million-rated Morgan Sanson, according to a report by The Sun.
The 26-year-old is approaching the peak of his career and may feel that now is the right time to join the Premier League. The Hammers are looking to bolster their squad this month so that they can challenge for a solid finish in the top half.
Lanzini has been struggling for consistency this season and may feel that the time is right for a new challenge.
The Argentine has never been the same player following a horrific injury in 2018, which saw him miss out on making Argentina’s squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Lanzini had a stellar 2017/18 season with West Ham, which saw him establish himself as the club’s star player at the time. He had even been touted for a move to an elite club in the summer following that season.
Sanson has been in good form in the Ligue 1 this season. He has scored two goals and made three assists in eleven league games.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction