West Ham are believed to have reignited their interest in Lyon defender Marcelo who is set to be available on a free transfer next summer, according to The Sun.
The 33-year-old will be a free agent when his contract with the Ligue 1 club ends in June. It’s likely that the former Brazil U-20 international may be tempted to try out English football before he retires.
Marcelo started his career in 2007 with Santos in his native Brazil and has vast European experience, having previously played for PSV Eindhoven, Hannover 96 and Besiktas. He has been with Lyon since 2017 and been a key part of the Ligue 1 defence since his arrival.
The issue point of concern for the Hammers will be Marcelo’s age. He will be 34 in the summer, but West Ham could take confidence from the performances of his compatriots this season, with Thiago Silva and Fernandinho both impressing.
90min claim that the Hammers are interested in Manchester United’s Phil Jones. The 28-year-old is a certainty to leave the Red Devils as he is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford. With a decade of experience in the Premier League, Jones could be a good addition to the Hammers first-team.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer