West Ham are interested in signing Stade Reims striker Boulaye Dia, according to 90min.
Reims have struggled throughout the season to this point, and they look set to be engaged in a relegation scrap. However, Dia has been one of their bright sparks as he has so far netted nine goals from 14 games. He is currently the second-highest scorer in the Ligue 1- behind Paris-Saint Germain’s Kylian Mbappe.
Many French clubs are expected to offload their star players soon due to the collapse of a TV deal with Spanish company Mediapro.
West Ham will need to sign a new striker in the near future. Michail Antonio is impressive whenever called upon, but he struggles with recurring injury issues and spends significant parts of the season on the sidelines.
Since he arrived at the London Stadium, Sebastien Haller has struggled for consistency, which has prompted concerns that he may not be a fit for the club.
At 24, Dia still has the best years of his career ahead of him. He is reportedly keen for a new challenge, and a move to the Premier League would certainly be something that interests him.
West Ham have had a modest start to the season, and their aim will be to challenge for a Europa League finish.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet