West Ham are interested in signing Olivier Giroud from Chelsea, according to The Mirror.
The Hammers have made a decent start to the season, though the number nine position is a problem for them. Michail Antonio leads the line impressively when called upon but does have a history of persistent injuries.
Sebastien Haller has scored important goals so far this season, but his inconsistency has been a problem for the Hammers.
Giroud has been in impressive form this season and has managed to score eight goals in all competitions for Chelsea. The veteran remains as hungry as ever to play on a regular basis and has made no secret of his desire to represent France in the rescheduled European Championships at the end of the season.
Frank Lampard will be hesitant to let Giroud leave in January given that Tammy Abraham and Timo Werner have not found the net regularly for his club this season.
It remains to see if Giroud will push to leave Stamford Bridge. Whether he does is likely to play a big role in deciding where he will be playing his football on February 1st.
He is still good enough to play in any of Europe’s top five leagues and would be a brilliant addition to the Hammers first-team.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups