West Ham are keen on signing Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard before the end of the transfer window, according to The Daily Star.
The Hammers are still looking to bring in a new striker after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month.
Whilst Michail Antonio is reliable leading the line, the Englishman struggles with injury problems and cannot realistically be relied upon to start every game.
Since joining Celtic in 2018, Edouard has impressed. He has scored 44 goals in 74 league appearances, and has won everything that there is to win in Scotland.
Neil Lennon’s side will be looking to rebuild their squad in the summer, as they have disappointed on the pitch throughout the season. They are set to relinquish the Scottish Premiership title to Rangers, as it looks increasingly unlikely that they will close the 23-point that has emerged.
The former PSG youth product may be keen to leave Celtic at this point of his career, and a move to the Premier League could be of interest.
West Ham are rumoured to be the favourites for his signature, but former Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly made the Frenchman a long-term target to replace Jamie Vardy at Leicester City.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet