West Ham could make a move for Borussia Monchengladbach forward Alassane Plea, according to The Daily Mirror.
The Hammers sold Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month and are looking to replace the Ivorian.
There will be extra pressure on Michail Antonio if the club aren’t able to bring in a new forward. However, the Englishman looked happy to be the sole striker in their last league game, as he scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win.
Plea could be an excellent signing for the Hammers. The former Lyon and Nice forward is currently in his prime, and shone for the club in the Champions League earlier in the season.
The France international has scored seven goals in all competitions so far this season.
Plea may be tempted to move to the Hammers as it will present him with an opportunity to play in the Premier League.
If Plea can reach his peak in the Premier League, he will likely become a serious option for the French national side.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups