West Ham could make a move for Borussia Monchengladbach forward Alassane Plea, according to The Daily Mirror.
The Hammers sold Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month and are looking to replace the Ivorian.
There will be extra pressure on Michail Antonio if the club aren’t able to bring in a new forward. However, the Englishman looked happy to be the sole striker in their last league game, as he scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win.
Plea could be an excellent signing for the Hammers. The former Lyon and Nice forward is currently in his prime, and shone for the club in the Champions League earlier in the season.
The France international has scored seven goals in all competitions so far this season.
Plea may be tempted to move to the Hammers as it will present him with an opportunity to play in the Premier League.
If Plea can reach his peak in the Premier League, he will likely become a serious option for the French national side.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer