West Ham could make a move for Borussia Monchengladbach forward Alassane Plea, according to The Daily Mirror.
The Hammers sold Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month and are looking to replace the Ivorian.
There will be extra pressure on Michail Antonio if the club aren’t able to bring in a new forward. However, the Englishman looked happy to be the sole striker in their last league game, as he scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win.
Plea could be an excellent signing for the Hammers. The former Lyon and Nice forward is currently in his prime, and shone for the club in the Champions League earlier in the season.
The France international has scored seven goals in all competitions so far this season.
Plea may be tempted to move to the Hammers as it will present him with an opportunity to play in the Premier League.
If Plea can reach his peak in the Premier League, he will likely become a serious option for the French national side.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction