West Ham are keen on signing Manchester United defender Brandon Williams on loan this month, according to The Sun.
The 20-year-old was a first-team regular for the Red Devils last season. He made the left-back position his own during the season as Luke Shaw struggled with injury problems.
However, things have not gone according to plan for the youngster this season. He is now the club’s third-choice option in his preferred position, as Shaw and Alex Telles compete for the starting spot.
The England U21 international has made just one Premier League appearance for United so far this season. With the club set to challenge for the league title this season, his chances of first-team football at Old Trafford look questionable.
Williams has been linked with Newcastle, but West Ham may also need a new left-back this month given that Arthur Masuaku is injured and they will need cover for Aaron Cresswell.
A loan move away from United would be a win-win situation for both club and player. It would help him find consistency at the highest level, which would improve his chances of regular game time when he returns to the Red Devils.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer