West Ham are one of the clubs that are keen on signing AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko, according to beIn Sports correspondent Tancredi Palmeri.
However, he did add that the veteran has rejected the offer.
Dzeko is set to leave Roma this month following a high-profile fallout with manager Paulo Fonseca. Despite being 34-years-old, the Bosnian international remains good enough to play at the highest level. He has scored eight goals in 20 appearances in all competitions this season for the Italian giants.
Last season, he managed an impressive tally of 19 goals in 43 games in all competitions.
Dzeko is an experienced campaigner who has proven ability in England. He scored 72 goals in 189 appearances in all competitions for former club Manchester City during a five-year stay at the Etihad.
West Ham are still looking for a new striker after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month. Whilst first-choice striker Michail Antonio is reliable, he struggles with injuries, and it would be dangerous to rely on him staying fit.
Dzeko will be aiming to play European football, and West Ham will be unable to offer the Bosnian that.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer