West Ham are one of the clubs that are keen on signing AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko, according to beIn Sports correspondent Tancredi Palmeri.
However, he did add that the veteran has rejected the offer.
Dzeko is set to leave Roma this month following a high-profile fallout with manager Paulo Fonseca. Despite being 34-years-old, the Bosnian international remains good enough to play at the highest level. He has scored eight goals in 20 appearances in all competitions this season for the Italian giants.
Last season, he managed an impressive tally of 19 goals in 43 games in all competitions.
Dzeko is an experienced campaigner who has proven ability in England. He scored 72 goals in 189 appearances in all competitions for former club Manchester City during a five-year stay at the Etihad.
West Ham are still looking for a new striker after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month. Whilst first-choice striker Michail Antonio is reliable, he struggles with injuries, and it would be dangerous to rely on him staying fit.
Dzeko will be aiming to play European football, and West Ham will be unable to offer the Bosnian that.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet