West Ham are interested in signing Marko Arnautovic on loan from Shanghai SIPG, according to The Mirror.
The Austrian international previously played for the Hammers between 2017-2019. During that time, he managed to establish himself as a reliable goal scorer for the club. However, he controversially left to join the Chinese Super League in the summer of 2019.
Arnautovic’s talent has never been questioned, so much so that he earned a loan move to Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan side in 2009.
However, the 31-year-old’s discipline is largely viewed as the reason why he has never achieved his true potential.
During his time at the London Stadium, Arnautovic scored 22 goals and contributed 12 assists in 65 games. He has continued his good form in China. He has scored 17 goals from 35 appearances for Shanghai SIPG.
He is still good enough to play in the Premier League. But, a return to the London Stadium will likely divide West Ham fans.
West Ham could benefit from having the Austrian back in the capital, seeing that Michail Antonio has injury problems and Sebastien Haller remains inconsistent.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction