West Ham are interested in signing Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic, according to CaughtOffside.
The Hammers are looking for a new number nine after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax last week.
David Moyes still has the reliable Michail Antonio to call upon, but there is a need for a second striker due to the Englishman’s injury history.
Jovic moved to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2018 after an impressive season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt.
There were heavy expectations on the Serb following his arrival in Spain, and he was even expected to be an eventual successor to Karim Benzema.
The 23-year-old has not managed to find the back of the net on a regular basis for Madrid and therefore hasn’t been able to rival Benzema for his starting position.
At this point in his career, Jovic needs to leave the Spanish capital to kick-start his career and start playing his best football again.
West Ham could be an ideal destination for him. He does have the skills necessary to shine at the highest level but needs to be in an environment where he is playing regularly.
There is no doubting Jovic’s credentials, and he could be an instant hit if he moves to the London Stadium.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet