West Ham are interested in signing Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic, according to CaughtOffside.
The Hammers are looking for a new number nine after selling Sebastien Haller to Ajax last week.
David Moyes still has the reliable Michail Antonio to call upon, but there is a need for a second striker due to the Englishman’s injury history.
Jovic moved to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2018 after an impressive season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt.
There were heavy expectations on the Serb following his arrival in Spain, and he was even expected to be an eventual successor to Karim Benzema.
The 23-year-old has not managed to find the back of the net on a regular basis for Madrid and therefore hasn’t been able to rival Benzema for his starting position.
At this point in his career, Jovic needs to leave the Spanish capital to kick-start his career and start playing his best football again.
West Ham could be an ideal destination for him. He does have the skills necessary to shine at the highest level but needs to be in an environment where he is playing regularly.
There is no doubting Jovic’s credentials, and he could be an instant hit if he moves to the London Stadium.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer