Aston Villa starlet Jacob Ramsey has agreed to extend his contract with the job and is to join Doncaster Rovers on loan according to Football Insider.
The Villa player was close to joining a number of League One clubs this month, added the report.
Ramsey developed a good reputation at Villa and has even gone on to represent England at U-18 and U-19 level.
He has made two appearances for the Villains senior side this season with one apiece coming in the FA and Carabao Cup.
Ramsey is clearly a possible future star in the making. The loan deal is beneficial to both him and Villa as it will allow him to gain more senior first-team football which will serve him well in his future development.
Ramsey would have been unlikely to get much game time for the Villains first-team had he remained with the club until the end of the season.
The youngster was Villa’s Academy Player of the season last term and has been a standout performer for the club’s Premier League 2 team as he has gone on to contribute six goals as well as four assists from just 12 games.
Villa face a tough challenge to avoid relegation this season. They are currently outside the dreaded drop-zone but are just two points clear of safety.
They can ill-afford to regularly drop points between now and the end of the season. Dean Smith’s side have a chance to also add some silverware to their name after reaching the final of the Carabao Cup where they will play Manchester City.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups