According to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, Aston Villa are very keen on signing Morgan Sanson from Marseille this month.
Sanson is in the final year of his contract with the Ligue 1 club, and they may sell him in order to avoid losing him for nothing in the summer.
At 26-years-old, Sanson is now approaching the peak of his career. He will be keen to move to the Premier League at this stage of his career.
During his teenage years and early 20s, Sanson was highly regarded and was believed to have been of interest of elite clubs in 2012.
His development as a player was halted by a serious cruciate ligament injury, which he picked up during his spell with Montpellier.
One of the former France U21 internationals strengths is that he is versatile. He is capable of operating across every position in midfield, but plays his best football in the number ten position.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups