Watford striker Troy Deeney has claimed that he would love to have played under Jose Mourinho, according to TalkSport.
“Yes, why wouldn’t you want to be managed by one of the best,” said Deeney. “Even if you didn’t get on personality-wise.
“You would have nothing but respect and admiration for the man and for the players and calibre of clubs he has worked for.
“Everything I hear, he is a great man-manager. I suppose if you spoke to Dele Alli, he would say differently. But a lot of people I have spoken to say he’s really straight to the point, so for me, that would be perfect.”
In the five seasons that Watford spent in the Premier League before being relegated last term, the 32-year-old established himself as a reliable striker. He managed 47 goals for the Hornets during their stay in the Premier League.
Many expected the club captain to be lured back to the top-flight at the end of last season. However, he has remained with the Hornets in the Championship. So far this season, he has scored four goals in 12 appearances.
Deeney was linked with a move to Spurs as cover for Harry Kane in the summer transfer window. But the move didn’t materialise.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet