Valencia are interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks could be set for a move to Spain, according to Sky Sports.
The defensive midfielder has not featured regularly for Jose Mourinho’s side this season, and the majority of his 16 appearances have come in the various cup competitions.
The Englishman’s lack of game time this season will certainly be detrimental to his chances of being named in Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the European Championships at the end of the season.
However, the report did add that Spurs are not looking to offload Winks this month.
Winks has been with the Tottenham first-team since 2014. He has made more than a hundred Premier League appearances for the club, and has scored three goals.
The midfielder has proven international pedigree, as he has won ten caps for England.
It is difficult to see Spurs allowing Winks to leave them this month unless they can bring in a direct replacement. However, the chances of finding a player of the calibre required seem unlikely in the winter window.
Though Winks has not played as much as he would like, he provides the club with strength in depth, something they need if they want to launch a title challenge.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction