La Liga side Valencia are keen on signing Aston Villa’s Marvelous Nakamba if they cannot sign Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira, according to Spanish source El Mercantil Valenciano.
Torreira is currently on loan in La Liga with Atletico Madrid, and he has no future at Arsenal under Mikel Arteta. The Gunners will offload him for a reasonable fee.
The Uruguayan has only managed to two starts this season for Diego Simeone’s side, and it’s likely they will opt against signing him permanently.
Nakamba is currently in his second season with Villa and made 34 appearances in all competitions last term, helping the club to narrowly avoid relegation.
The Zimbabwe international has fallen down the pecking order at Villa Park this season, making only five Premier League appearances.
He did play well in Villa’s recent 2-0 win over Newcastle United last weekend, providing efficient cover for the suspended John McGinn.
At 27-years-old, he is now at a point of his career where he needs to be playing football regularly rather than acting as a cover option.
Should his situation fail to improve between now and the end of the season, he could be on the move.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer