La Liga side Valencia are keen on signing Aston Villa’s Marvelous Nakamba if they cannot sign Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira, according to Spanish source El Mercantil Valenciano.
Torreira is currently on loan in La Liga with Atletico Madrid, and he has no future at Arsenal under Mikel Arteta. The Gunners will offload him for a reasonable fee.
The Uruguayan has only managed to two starts this season for Diego Simeone’s side, and it’s likely they will opt against signing him permanently.
Nakamba is currently in his second season with Villa and made 34 appearances in all competitions last term, helping the club to narrowly avoid relegation.
The Zimbabwe international has fallen down the pecking order at Villa Park this season, making only five Premier League appearances.
He did play well in Villa’s recent 2-0 win over Newcastle United last weekend, providing efficient cover for the suspended John McGinn.
At 27-years-old, he is now at a point of his career where he needs to be playing football regularly rather than acting as a cover option.
Should his situation fail to improve between now and the end of the season, he could be on the move.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet