Inter Milan are reportedly interested in making a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s veteran defender Jan Vertonghen, according to Sempre Inter.
The Belgium international is coming to the end of his contract with the North London-based club and it is becoming increasingly clear that his time at Spurs could be coming to an end.
The latest report suggests that Inter are interested in making a move for Vertonghen in the upcoming summer transfer window and could land the Tottenham man for free.
The Milan-based club, under the management of Antonio Conte, have been bolstering their squad with proven talents from the Premier League.
Vertonghen has been a cult hero at Tottenham since he moved to the club in the summer of 2012 from Dutch club Ajax in a deal worth of £11.25 million.
Since then, Vertonghen has represented Spurs in 311 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 14 times and provided seven assists as well.
However, the Belgian has started to show his age this season, with the Tottenham stalwart not the no-nonsense figure he once was.
Spurs have already seen one of their best players join Inter recently, with Christian Erisken swapping London for Milan in the January transfer window.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction