Newcastle United are one of the clubs that are interested in signing Tottenham outcast Dele Alli, according to The Telegraph.
The England international has started a league game since the opening day of the season and does not appear to be a trusted option for manager Jose Mourinho.
With the rescheduled European Championships looming, Alli will not be named in the competitive England squad for the competition if he isn’t playing regularly for his club.
He could be a good fit for Newcastle. The Magpies have had a decent start to the season under Steve Bruce but need to bolster their squad if they want to achieve a strong finish in the top half of the standings.
A move to the Magpies could be a win-win situation for both club and player. Alli is a proven performer in the Premier League and will add quality to Bruce’s side.
Alli will almost certainly gain regular playing time if he moves to St James Park. A move there could be what he needs to regain his confidence.
However, he is unlikely to be short of options due to his reputation and Newcastle will face intense competition to sign the player.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest