This season has been one of frustration for Tottenham Hotspur.
They parted ways with manager Mauricio Pochettino earlier this season following a poor string of results during the first half of the season.
Things did initially improve once Jose Mourinho was appointed to manage the club but the club’s results once again took a downward trend when injuries affected the two key players from the squad- Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min.
Spurs are currently in eighth position on the Premier League standings and seven points adrift of fourth place Chelsea.
They will need a serious shake-up once the league resumes if they want to play Champions League football next season.
Midfielder Giovani Lo Celso may have picked up a knock, according to Football.London.
The Argentine has been absent from training and did not feature during the team’s practice match during the weekend.
If Lo Celso is out for an extended period of time, it will be a big blow for the Lilywhites.
They desperately need to have their best players on the field once the Premier League resumes due to their current situation and he was one of them.
The 24-year-old appears to have adapted to England well, particularly after Mourinho was appointed to manage Spurs.
This season has been one of frustration and sadness for Spurs fans, but he has been one of the bright sparks in the squad.
The latest news makes Lo Celso a doubt for Spurs game against Manchester United in two weeks’ time. Even if he manages to recover soon, it is unlikely that he will be match-fit for the game.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills