Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on signing Giovani Lo Celso on a permanent basis, according to a report by The Express.
The Argentina international joined the North London club on an initial loan deal last summer.
Lo Celso has so far gone on to make 11 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, but only two of these have been as a starter.
Whilst the gifted attacker has not established himself as a first-team regular for the Lilywhites just yet, he has shown plenty of promise and could still go on to become an important player for the club as time progresses.
The report suggests Tottenham will have an option to purchase the player permanently next summer but the Premier League side could choose to do this in January.
Signing Lo Celso permanently would be a step in the right direction. It is quite evident that Mourinho needs to bring in a new quality players to his side if he wants to finally end the club’s trophy drought.
Lo Celso is viewed as an apt replacement for Christian Eriksen, who is expected to leave North London in January.
The potential departure of Eriksen will likely mean that Lo Celso will gain more game time during the final few months of the season.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees