Tottenham Hotspur are making progress in their attempts to sign Norwich City full-back Max Aarons, with the North Londoners confident of landing the 20-year-old, according to Football Insider.
The defender has looked at home in the Premier League, despite the Canaries’ dire position in the standings, with the youngster a man with a bright future in the game.
Tottenham have had issues at right-back in recent seasons, with the consecutive sales of Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier robbing the club of England international-standard players.
Serge Aurier currently commands the role but the Ivory Coast international has a track record of making mistakes, much to the ire of the Spurs fans.
A new right-back would certainly be a boost for Tottenham and Aarons certainly fits the bill.
The report suggests that the 20-year-old is keen to join Spurs, but with Norwich eager to hold onto their young star, a deal may not be completed until the summer.
Tottenham are six points adrift of the Premier League’s top four and need to start to show more consistency if they are to reel in Chelsea in the final Champions League qualification berth.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups