Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho could aim to sign Benfica left-back Alejandro Grimaldo during the summer transfer window, according to football.london.
The left-back position is currently one of concern for the Lilywhites.
Danny Rose was allowed to leave Tottenham during the winter transfer window and joined Newcastle United on loan.
It looks unlikely that the 29-year-old will be returning to Spurs and so Mourinho will have to bring in a replacement.
Tottenham’s defence has also clearly not been up to standard this season and is an area which the North London club will need to reinforce as soon as possible.
Grimaldo has been impressive for Benfica this season and has so far made 39 appearances in all competitions before the season was put on hold due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Spaniard featured in all six of his club’s Champions League group stage fixtures as well as during their Europa League last 32 tie against Shakhtar Donetsk.
Grimaldo was previously on the books of Spanish clubs Valencia and Barcelona as a youth player and he started his professional career with the Barcelona B team.
After being unable to break into the Catalan giants first-team, he joined Benfica in 2016 and has since never looked back.
Tottenham may have a good chance to sign Grimaldo if they do make their interest known.
Whilst Portugal has been a good platform for him to grow as a young player, he will now be looking to take his career forward in one of Europe’s top five leagues.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer