According to The Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur have decided not to pursue with their interest in FC Porto striker Ze Luis.
It has been reported that Tottenham wanted to sign Ze Luis from Portuguese giants Porto in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that the 28-year-old striker was offered to Spurs on Wednesday, but a work permit for the Cape Verde international is too problematic.
Need for a striker
Tottenham need to sign a striker in the January transfer window due to the injury to Harry Kane.
Ze Luis is a good striker, but the former Spartak Moscow star is not the player that Spurs need to replace someone like Kane.
Spurs need to sign a world-class striker who can hit the ground running at the North London outfit, especially with Jose Mourinho’s side in danger of missing out on a top-four finish in the Premier League this season.
Tottenham also need to find someone who is young and can compete with Kane in the coming years.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups