According to The Sunday People (print edition, page 51, January 12, 2020), Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Gabriel Barbosa from Inter Milan in the January transfer window.
Barbosa is back at Italian giants Inter after a loan spell at Brazilian club Flamengo.
Tottenham reportedly want to sign a striker this month due to the injury to Harry Kane and are considering making a move for the 23-year-old.
The report has added that it will cost Tottenham a transfer fee of £25 million to secure the services of the Brazil international.
Need for a striker
Kane is the only senior striker on the books of Tottenham at the moment, and the injury to the England international is a massive problem for Jose Mourinho’s side.
True, Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min can play upfront, but they are not natural strikers, and Spurs cannot reply on them to score vital goals in their quest to finish in the top four of the Premier League table this season, as well as progress further than the round of last 16 in the Champions League.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups