According to O Globo, Tottenham Hotspur have made made an approach for Flamengo midfielder Gerson.
It has been reported by the Brazilian publication that Tottenham have made contact with Flamengo, and want to know the 22-year-old midfielder’s situation at the club and how much it would cost to sign him.
The report has claimed that Flamengo do not want to sell the former Brazil Under-20 international and will want his full release clause of €70 million (£60.01 million) to be paid.
According to WhoScored, Gerson has made 23 starts and four substitute appearances in the Brasileirao for Flamengo so far this season, scoring two goals and providing three assists in the process.
During his loan spell at Fiorentina from AS Roma last season, the youngster made 27 starts and nine substitute appearances in Serie A, scoring three goals and providing three assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Back in 2017-18, Gerson scored two goals and provided one assist in 899 minutes in Serie A for Roma, and played 22 minutes in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet