According to O Globo, Tottenham Hotspur have made made an approach for Flamengo midfielder Gerson.
It has been reported by the Brazilian publication that Tottenham have made contact with Flamengo, and want to know the 22-year-old midfielder’s situation at the club and how much it would cost to sign him.
The report has claimed that Flamengo do not want to sell the former Brazil Under-20 international and will want his full release clause of €70 million (£60.01 million) to be paid.
According to WhoScored, Gerson has made 23 starts and four substitute appearances in the Brasileirao for Flamengo so far this season, scoring two goals and providing three assists in the process.
During his loan spell at Fiorentina from AS Roma last season, the youngster made 27 starts and nine substitute appearances in Serie A, scoring three goals and providing three assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Back in 2017-18, Gerson scored two goals and provided one assist in 899 minutes in Serie A for Roma, and played 22 minutes in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself