Tottenham Hotspur have made a bid for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, according to Sky Germany.
It has been reported that Tottenham are interested in signing Can from Italian and European giants Juventus in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that Spurs have made a move for the 26-year-old – who can also operate as a defender – but the Germany international is set to join Borussia Dortmund instead.
Can may have failed to make a huge impact at Juventus, but the 26-year-old is a very good midfielder who would have Tottenham better.
The German was at Liverpool for four years, and he knows the Premier League inside out.
Tottenham head coach Joe Mourinho needs a no-nonsense defensive midfielder who would protect the back-four, and Can would have done just that.
Spurs are sixth in the Premier League table at the moment with 34 points from 24 matches, six points behind London rivals and fourth-placed Chelsea.
- Premier League trio linked with possible January move for Aaron Ramsey
- West Ham United interested in signing Clermont striker Mohamed Bayo
- Chelsea fans heap praise on Edouard Mendy’s performance in Manchester City loss
- Predicted Arsenal line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Tottenham Hotspur, Granit Xhaka returns
- Manchester City fans rave about Rodri after 1-0 Premier League win at Chelsea