Tottenham Hotspur have opened preliminary talks over signing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton in the summer transfer window, according to Football Insider.
The report has claimed that Hojbjerg wants to leave Southampton this summer, and that Spurs have held early discussions with the Denmark international midfielder’s camp over a summer move.
The Saints value the 24-year-old at £25 million, but a deal could be struck for £20 million, according to the report.
According to WhoScored, Hojbjerg has made 29 starts and one substitute appearance in the Premier League for Southampton so far this season, providing one assist in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the former Bayern Munich man scored four goals and provided three assists in 31 league games for the Saints, according to WhoScored.
Tottenham Hotspur move this summer?
Hojbjerg has done well for Southampton in the Premier League, and for the reported £20 million or £25 million transfer fee,, the Denmark international would be a very good signing for Spurs, especially as he is 24 years of age at the moment and has a good resale value.
Interestingly, back in May, the midfielder ‘liked’ a post on Twitter abut a potential move to Tottenham this summer, as shown below.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills