Tottenham Hotspur and Everton are interested in signing Joe Gelhardt from Wigan Athletic in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun.
It has been reported that Tottenham have already asked about the 18-year-old forward, as well as about his Wigan teammate and midfielder Jensen Weir.
Spurs’ Premier League rivals Everton also want Gelhardt, with Tottenham scouts hoping that the teenager can be groomed into the new Harry Kane, according to the report in the British tabloid.
According to WoScored, Gelhardt has made two starts and 14 substitute appearances in the Championship for Wigan so far this season, scoring one goal in the process.
The 18-year-old forward also played once in the FA Cup for the Latics this campaign, according to WhoScored.
Wigan Athletic sale?
With Wigan going into administration, it is very likely that the Championship club – who could get relegated to League One at the end of the season – will be open to selling Gelhardt.
Tottenham Hotspur or Everton?
Both Tottenham and Everton are massive clubs, and it is unlikely that Gelhardt will get much playing time in the first team at either of them.
The 18-year-old should pick a club where he will progress the more, and where he will be coached better.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups