According to The Telegraph, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have missed out on the signing of Malik Mothersille to London rivals Chelsea.
It has been reported that Premier League club Chelsea have signed Mothersille from League Two outfit Leyton Orient.
“The 16-year-old will be part of the Academy scholars at Stamford Bridge from next season after impressing for the Under-18s at Brisbane Road,” adds the report in The Telegraph.
Good long-term prospect
Mothersille is a very good and talented young midfielder who has a bright future ahead of him.
Chelsea have one of the best youth set-ups in England, and the teenager will get the guidance and coaching he needs to develop into a top-quality player like he is expected to in the coming years.
Top-four battle in Premier League
Meanwhile, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham all are aiming to finish in the top four of the Premier League table this season.
Chelsea are fourth in the Premier League table at the moment with 39 points from 22 matches.
Spurs currently find themselves eighth in the standings with 30 points from 22 matches, while their bitter North London rivals Arsenal are two points behind Jose Mourinho’s side.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills