According to Foot Mercato, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are fighting for the signature of Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Lemar.
The report has claimed that Tottenham cannot afford to sign Lemar on a permanent contract in the January transfer window.
Spurs reportedly wanted to secure the services of the 24-year-old midfielder on a loan deal with an option to buy, while Arsenal are also claimed to want the France international, who is valued at €70 million (£59.7 million) by the CIES Football Observatory.
Lemar joined Atletico from Monaco in the summer of 2018 and was expected to be a massive success at the Spanish club.
However, the France international has failed to make a massive impact at the Madrid outfit.
According to WhoScored, the 24-year-old has made nine starts and six substitute appearances in La Liga for Atletico so far this season, and has also played 182 minutes in the Champions League.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the Frenchman made 22 starts and nine substitute appearances in the league, and made five starts and two substitute appearances in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups