Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly edging closer to completing the signing of Wigan’s young midfielder Alfie Devine in the summer transfer window, as per Daily Mail.
The North London-based club have shifted their focus in the recent past to developing local talent which is why they are always on the look to sign exciting young players in order to strengthen the squad depth for the future campaigns.
Therefore, as per the latest report published in an English tabloid, Spurs are now edging closer to completing the signing of Wigan’s young midfielder Devine for worth of just £500,000.
The 15-year-old is highly-rated and has already played for the Wigan’s U23 team after his impressive performances for the U16s.
It was reported earlier that the deal might not be completed due to certain complications but the recent report suggested that discussions between the parties are once again underway and a positive outcome is likely in the coming days.
It is believed that Spurs’ hierarchy are looking at a number of Wigan players as the club went into administration.
The report also identified that the last season’s Champions League runners up are also interested in Wigan’s forward Joe Gelhardt and central midfielder Jensen Weir.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction