Lazio are interested in a late transfer deal for Tottenham Hotspur fringe midfielder Victor Wanyama, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Valon Berisha’s departure to Fortuna Dusseldorf means that the Rome club have an empty spot in their midfield, which could well be filled by the Spurs man.
Wanyama has struggled with injuries throughout his time at Tottenham but only two league appearances this season from the bench has been a new low for the Kenyan.
The midfield battler was a favoutite of former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, who coached him at Southampton before bringing him to North London.
Lazio have had a highly impressive Serie A season so far, sitting in third place with a game in hand.
If they win their game in hand, they will leapfrog Inter Milan into second place, behind leaders Juventus by just two points.
Tottenham will be tempted to cut their losses on Wanyama, who does not appear to be part of Jose Mourinho’s plans.
Spurs have the likes of Moussa Sissoko, Harry Winks, Giovani Lo Celso and Eric Dier ahead of the Kenyan in the current pecking order.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest