Tottenham Hotspur face competition from Juventus in the race to sign Arkadiusz Milik, according to Goal.
Since joining Napoli in 2016, Milik has gone on to score 47 goals in all competitions from 114 appearances.
The reported Tottenham target’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, which means that Napoli will have to look to sell him this summer or they could risk losing him for free at the end of next term.
Tottenham will need to sign a new striker during the transfer window.
Speculation surrounds the future of Harry Kane, as with Spurs not looking as though they will win major silverware anytime soon, there have been rumblings that the Englishman should aim to find a new club sooner rather than later.
Even if Kane stays, Tottenham should look to sign a new striker.
The North London club has been a bit too over-reliant on Kane as well as Son Heung-Min and the burden in attack needs to be shared if the club is to improve.
Whilst Milik has the technical attributes that are required to succeed in England, the one flaw that he has is that he is injury prone.
The player may also prefer a move to Juventus as it will mean that he remains in Italy.
Maurizio Sarri’s side is believed to be looking at a swap deal with Napoli which will see Gonzalo Higuain move to his former club, the report suggests.
Tottenham are pushing for European qualification and beat Everton 1-0 on Monday night in the Premier League.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer