Tottenham Hotspur are considering a summer move for Southampton striker Danny Ings, according to Eurosport.
Since joining the Saints on an initial loan deal in 2018, Ings has managed to revive his career following a nightmare spell with Liverpool.
His form at St Mary’s has also seen him recalled to the England squad.
Ings is one of the best finishers in the Premier League, and there will be no shortage of suitors in the summer should he see his future away from the south coast.
Ings may be tempted to leave to play in the Champions League. He found minutes hard to come by during his stay at Anfield, which means that he could instead stay with the Saints.
Spurs will be looking to expand on their attacking options in the summer. They have not found apt cover for Harry Kane since releasing Fernando Llorente prior to the start of last season.
The club has been accused of being a bit too reliant on Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane.
To get the maximum output from the attacking duo, it is essential that Jose Mourinho’s side bolster their strength in depth and bring in players who can share the workload with Son and Kane.
However, it does remain to be seen whether Ings will be willing to accept playing second fiddle to Kane.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet