Tottenham Hotspur are considering a summer move for Southampton striker Danny Ings, according to Eurosport.
Since joining the Saints on an initial loan deal in 2018, Ings has managed to revive his career following a nightmare spell with Liverpool.
His form at St Mary’s has also seen him recalled to the England squad.
Ings is one of the best finishers in the Premier League, and there will be no shortage of suitors in the summer should he see his future away from the south coast.
Ings may be tempted to leave to play in the Champions League. He found minutes hard to come by during his stay at Anfield, which means that he could instead stay with the Saints.
Spurs will be looking to expand on their attacking options in the summer. They have not found apt cover for Harry Kane since releasing Fernando Llorente prior to the start of last season.
The club has been accused of being a bit too reliant on Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane.
To get the maximum output from the attacking duo, it is essential that Jose Mourinho’s side bolster their strength in depth and bring in players who can share the workload with Son and Kane.
However, it does remain to be seen whether Ings will be willing to accept playing second fiddle to Kane.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager