Florian Thauvin has informed current club Marseille that he will not be renewing his current deal with them, according to Spanish source Estadiodeportivo.
The 28-year-old has been impressive since joining Marseille in 2017, having scored 44 goals in 88 Ligue 1 games.
Thauvin’s form is likely to attract interest from around Europe and may be tempted by a new challenge.
Thauvin did previously have a stint in England with Newcastle United, but it did not go well. He scored just once in the first half of the 2015/16 season.
However, he may be tempted to join Spurs and work under Jose Mourinho.
Thauvin could be a good addition to the Lilywhites first-team. Whilst Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min are a formidable attacking duo with incredible chemistry, the club is a bit too reliant on them.
They cannot afford to be relying on the duo if they want to compete for major silverware.
The report added that other clubs interested in signing Thauvin include Leicester City and Italian duo-Napoli and Roma.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager