Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic, according to La Nazione.
The Serbian’s current contract with the Serie A club is due to expire in 2022. This essentially means that Fiorentina will have to sell him next summer if they hope to get a substantial fee, should he not agree to sign a new contract with them.
The report claimed that Spurs are one of the sides that have made an offer for Milenkovic, though they are likely to face strong competition from AC Milan and fellow English club Manchester United.
It is likely that Milenkovic will leave Fiorentina soon. The Florence based club will not be able to offer him Champions League football any time soon, nor are they expected to challenge for major honours. It remains to be seen whether he would opt to remain in Italy or move to England.
Milenkovic’s strengths are that he can operate as either a right-back or a centre-back and chips in with the odd goal every now and then.
He has been on the books of Fiorentina since 2017 after joining from boyhood club Partizan.
He has played 100 Serie A games for Fiorentina, becoming a standout performer for the club and scoring ten goals.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups