Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic, according to La Nazione.
The Serbian’s current contract with the Serie A club is due to expire in 2022. This essentially means that Fiorentina will have to sell him next summer if they hope to get a substantial fee, should he not agree to sign a new contract with them.
The report claimed that Spurs are one of the sides that have made an offer for Milenkovic, though they are likely to face strong competition from AC Milan and fellow English club Manchester United.
It is likely that Milenkovic will leave Fiorentina soon. The Florence based club will not be able to offer him Champions League football any time soon, nor are they expected to challenge for major honours. It remains to be seen whether he would opt to remain in Italy or move to England.
Milenkovic’s strengths are that he can operate as either a right-back or a centre-back and chips in with the odd goal every now and then.
He has been on the books of Fiorentina since 2017 after joining from boyhood club Partizan.
He has played 100 Serie A games for Fiorentina, becoming a standout performer for the club and scoring ten goals.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City