Tottenham have held preliminary talks to sign Demarai Gray from Leicester City, according to Football Insider.
The 24-year-old has established himself as a dependable performer since his arrival at the King Power Stadium in 2016. However, after some inconsistent displays, he appears to have dropped down below the likes of Harvey Barnes, Ayoze Perez and Marc Albrighton in the Foxes’ pecking order.
The report added that the former England U-21 international is keen for a new challenge in order to get more regular playing time.
Gray has just a year remaining on his current contract at the King Power Stadium. Brendan Rodgers’ side will have to aim to sell him soon or they will run the risk of losing him on a free transfer next summer.
Spurs are also looking to bolster their attacking options ahead of the new season. The North London club were a bit too heavily dependent on Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane in the last EPL campaign and this was especially evident prior to the COVID-19 break last season when the worst case scenario happened for the Lilywhites and both players happened to be injured at the same time.
Verdict: A good deal for both parties
A move to Jose Mourinho’s club could just be what Gray needs to revive his confidence again and push for a call-up to the England team as well as allaying Spurs’ paucity of attacking options up front.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet