Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Leicester City star Wilfried Ndidi, according to reports from France as per Sportswitness.
Ndidi has established himself as one of the most hard-working defensive midfielders in the Premier League and Spurs will face a tough challenge if they are to successfully sign him.
Tottenham clearly do need to reinforce their side ahead of next season. The side that played for them last season is simply not good enough to compete against the elite teams in the Premier League and that was seen as they struggled for consistency.
Signing a new defensive midfielder will be a good choice for Jose Mourinho’s side. Eric Dier’s performances dropped during the past season, so much so that he lost the England first-choice defensive midfielder role to West Ham’s Declan Rice.
It does appear unlikely that the Foxes will listen to any offers for Ndidi, considering that his current contract with them is only due to end in 2024.
The Nigerian is likely to form a crucial part of Brendan Rodger’s plans for the Europa League next season. Leicester have a policy of only selling one player per transfer window. Currently, Ben Chilwell who is being heavily touted to join Chelsea, appears to be the most likely key Foxes player to leave the club in this window.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer