Tottenham are plotting a loan move for Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster, according to Football Insider.
After being guilty of relying too much on the duo of Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min for goals during recent seasons, it is evident that up front is an area of the pitch that needs bolstering for Spurs.
And given that Kane is injury prone, the Lilywhites cannot afford to play him in every game. They will need to find a reliable cover and competition option for the mercurial striker.
The North Londoners’ inconsistency in front of goal during the past season when Son and Kane were injured concurrently was in large part due to their failure to bring in a replacement for Fernando Llorente who left them ahead of last season.
Though highly-rated, it is hard to see Brewster being included in the Reds’ first-team plans ahead of the new season due to the world-class squad which Juergen Klopp has at his disposal.
The 20-year-old Brewster impressed whilst on loan with Swansea during the past season. He went on to score 10 goals in the Championship from 20 games. He has proven that he has the potential to score goals in the Premier League.
It will be a good coup for Jose Mourinho’s side if they can acquire his services.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto