Tottenham Hotspur are considering West Brom’s Sam Johnstone and Manchester United’s Dean Henderson as potential replacements for Hugo Lloris, according to 90min.
Mauricio Pochettino was recently appointed as PSG boss, which has led to a number of Spurs first-team players including Lloris and Dele Alli being linked with a move to France.
Lloris has been the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper over the past 8-years. The 34-year-old has won the World Cup in that time and become one of the world’s best goalkeepers. However, he has not won a single trophy with Spurs.
As goalkeepers have longer careers, Lloris could potentially play until the age of 40. However, a move to PSG could be tempting to him at this point of his career.
It could see him moving back to his homeland and playing for a financially supported team that are always challenging for major silverware.
Johnstone and Henderson are both proven Premier League players and also English. Henderson, in particular, may be reconsidering his future with United.
David de Gea’s form has picked up this season, which have quelled suggestions that the Spaniard could be ousted as United’s first-choice goalkeeper for now.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups