According to The Edinburgh Evening News, Sunderland have had a bid for Liam Boyce turned down by Burton Albion.
It has been reported that Sunderland are interested in signing Boyce from League One rivals Burton in the January transfer window.
The Black Cats made an offer for the 28-year-old striker, but it has been turned down by Nigel Clough’s side, according to the report.
It has also been claimed that Scottish Premiership outfit Heart of Midlothian have seen their initial offer for the Northern Ireland international striker rejected them, but they are not ready to give up.
According to WhoScored, Boyce has made 17 starts and eight substitute appearances in League One for Burton so far this season, scoring eight goals and providing three assists in the process.
Both Sunderland and Burton are aiming to finish in the top six of the League One table at the moment and stand a chance of clinching promotion to the Championship.
While Sunderland are sixth in the league table at the moment, Burton are just two points behind them in sixth.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups