According to The Northern Echo, Sunderland are interested in signing Sam Winnall from Sheffield Wednesday in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Sunderland wanted to sign Winnall in the closing stages of January transfer window in 2019 before they secured the services of Will Grigg from Wigan Athletic.
Much was expected of Grigg when he made the move to Sunderland, but the Northern Ireland international striker has failed to do much of note at the Stadium of Light so far.
So far this season, the 28-year-old striker has scored just one goal and provided one assist in 901 minutes of League One for the Black Cats, according to WhoScored.
Winnall has made three starts and seven substitute appearances in the Championship for Wednesday so far this season, scoring one goal in the process, according to WhoScored.
Last season, the former Barnsley striker played just 176 minutes in the Championship for the Owls, according to WhoScored.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups