According to The Sun, Newcastle United are interested in signing Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan in the January transfer window.
It has been reported by the British tabloid that Newcastle manager Steve Bruce wants to sign a striker this month.
The report has claimed that Bruce is in talks with Italian outfit Milan over the transfer of the 24-year-old forward.
Newcastle would prefer to sign the Poland international on a loan deal with an option to buy, according to the report.
Piatek joined Milan from fellow Italian club Genoa in January 2019 for a transfer fee reported by The Sun to be worth £30 million.
According to WhoScored, the forward has made 13 starts and four substitute appearances in Serie A for the Rossoneri so far this season, scoring four goals in the process.
Newcastle are struggling for goals at the moment and are in danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season.
According to WhoScored, the Magpies are 13th in the Premier League table at the moment with 25 points from 21 matches, five points above the relegation zone.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City