According to The Sun, Newcastle United are interested in signing Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan in the January transfer window.
It has been reported by the British tabloid that Newcastle manager Steve Bruce wants to sign a striker this month.
The report has claimed that Bruce is in talks with Italian outfit Milan over the transfer of the 24-year-old forward.
Newcastle would prefer to sign the Poland international on a loan deal with an option to buy, according to the report.
Piatek joined Milan from fellow Italian club Genoa in January 2019 for a transfer fee reported by The Sun to be worth £30 million.
According to WhoScored, the forward has made 13 starts and four substitute appearances in Serie A for the Rossoneri so far this season, scoring four goals in the process.
Newcastle are struggling for goals at the moment and are in danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season.
According to WhoScored, the Magpies are 13th in the Premier League table at the moment with 25 points from 21 matches, five points above the relegation zone.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups