Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho admires Inter Milan attacker Ivan Perisic, and a move could happen this month, according to Eurosport.
Spurs were not expected to do any business this month. But the latest rumours have indicated that Mourinho could force the hand of Daniel Levy.
Spurs were leading the Premier League standings and considered title challengers last month before losses against Leicester City, and Liverpool saw them drop down the standings.
Perisic was linked with a move to Spurs during the summer, but nothing materialised. He has been getting regular first-team action for Inter this season, which means a deal could be difficult.
However, Perisic does not appear to be a favourite of Inter boss Antonio Conte, which may have been why the Croatian was loaned to Bayern Munich last season.
Tottenham could benefit immensely by having the versatility and quality of Perisic in their ranks. However, it remains to be seen whether Levy will be willing to endorse any signings this window.
Spurs have once again been too over-reliant on Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min this season, and this is something that the club may look to address.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction